Friday, May 8, 2009

Don't Look a Gift Horse in the Mouth

The sun is out. No, really. The SUN. It's not supposed to last long; chance of thunderstorms again late this afternoon and tomorrow, but hey, I'll take it.

Last night I stayed up late writing two pieces -- both on network services management and monitoring solutions from different vendors -- that I will file today and Monday. This means I'm pretty much off the hook today, except for a client kickoff call and a vendor briefing.

Yesterday I had some errands to take care of, and Monday I'm having a financial advisor come over to discuss how to manage my money, talk about life insurance, college funds for Future Little Savants, long-term care plans for Mr. Savant's and my parents, you know, all that morbid stuff that you actually have to start thinking about as you and your parents get older.

One last thing. As a technology writer, it seems completely ridiculous that Microsoft's newest slogan is Life Without Walls. Because how are you supposed to have windows/Windows without walls to support them?

1 comment: