Thursday, April 30, 2009

Idle Hands do the Devil's Work

Here's the major obstacle I face daily: motivation.

Now, today's a busier-than-average workday; I've got 4 stories on my list to complete today, as well as making updates to the theatre group website I manage. But it just makes the motivation problem harder to deal with. I feel overwhelmed, stressed and panicked, so instead of attacking the pile of work I have to get through, I find time to do just about anything else.

It's 1:42 pm, and so far I've done two interviews (which were work-related--I'll give myself that), walked the dog, talked to my Mom for an hour and a half, created several new iTunes playlists, paid a medical bill, balanced my checkbook, meticulously examined a library of and then downloaded some cool new wallpapers for my iPhone ... and wrote just one of the four pieces I need to file today.

I need to get at least two more finished so I can invoice my client for the work in April. Instead, I sit here, blogging. After I post this, I'm off to write a quick post on my other blog, Everyday Rebellion, about women in software development/programming, and my revenue-generating activities will be put on hold once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment